Friday, April 27, 2012

Impatiently Waiting.

I'm a control freak.  I admit it.  The fact that I cannot control when I will go into labor is the most frustrating, anxiety-causing issue in my life right now.  I'm 38w 4d at this point.  I've been 3cm and 70% for over 3 weeks now.  I guess the fact that the doc told me I would be ready to go any day - I took that quite literally.  And yet here I still sit - pregnant.  Very very pregnant.  Now I understand the plight of the full-term pregnant woman who gulps down castor oil in hopes of evicting their little guest.  Which I'm strongly considering right now!

At my 37 week u/s, they estimated the baby to be 9lbs already which sent everyone into a panic.  The OB office starts talking about a c-section already and I went from not being worried at all to having full blown panic attacks overnight.  Yesterday, at my 38 week appt., I told the doc that I would like to try for a vaginal delivery first, regardless of the estimated size because I don't want to rely on an estimate for major surgery.  If I cannot push this little one out, then fine, we can do a c.  She told me she was "not enthusiastic" about my decision but that it was, of course, my decision at this point.

People have 9lb and 10lb babies all the time!  What is the big deal if I want to try and push her out first?  Because they'd rather have the OR prepped and scheduled for me instead of rushing me in?  I'm sorry but that's not a good enough reason.  I'm guessing my Gestational Diabetes and the medication I'm on had something to do with her size, but my sister was 9.4lbs when she was born so it could just be that we make big babies!  DD didn't have time to cook all the way or she might have been just as big.  We'll never know that one!

Anyway, I'm still pregnant.  No signs of labor as of yet.  Doc said they probably won't let me go to due date which is only 10 days away.  I have an appt Wednesday for another size u/s and then they'll make their decision on induction.  So send all your labor and delivery fairy dust my way please :)

TICK TOCK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment