Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Eve Ultrasound

I'm 16w2d today and had another ultrasound this afternoon.  I was really excited for it because I was secretly hoping they could determine the sex of the baby by now.  Much to my dismay, our u/s tech was extremely cold and unfriendly.  She did not crack a smile at any of my jokes!  That B*TCH.  Anyway, she informed us it was way too early to know if it's pink or blue. :(  Also, she printed out the lamest of all the images she captured.  We got two pictures labeled "FACE" and it was just a black head shape with no features or anything.  I was sooooo disappointed.  While she was working, I saw the full baby, he/she sucking their thumb, etc. on her screen and we got the "FACE"?!  I threw the pictures away I was so mad.  Although I'm regretting that decision now because I'm pretty sure my ss# is on that thing.  Oh well.

Then she told me I had to wait 4 weeks to come back even though the tech last month told me that I could come back in 6 weeks (which would mean 2 weeks from today's). Grrrrr.  I guess the cold-hearted tech should have stayed home today if she wasn't interested in doing my ultrasound the day before Turkey day. 

Okay.  I totally feel better now that I shared my disappointing experience with you.  I am a firm believer that medical providers should have a certain bedside manner dealing with the public.  Fake the smile damnit - I don't care if you hate your job!  I want you to be just as excited about my baby as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment