Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Exhausted!

Yesterday was a big day for me.  I had all three of my consult appointments in one day!

I met with Dr. B and he told me that I was a great candidate for surgery.  Although I did get some bad news because he told me that I am borderline diabetic and that he would even be comfortable saying I'm diabetic.  I also have a fatty liver which is not good and I have to lose some weight before surgery.  Since I snore like a mofo, I also have to go for a sleep study now to determine if I have sleep apnea.

I had my heart set on the VSG, however, he recommended I go with either the RNY or the DS because I will see better results and they fit better for my needs based on the fact that I have more than 150lbs to lose and other issues.  I was very disappointed and even considered begging for VSG but then I thought that he has a much better idea what would be best for me based on his years of experience. 

I'm going to take some time to accomodate the idea of an RNY before I decide what to do.   The psych and NUT appointments were relatively easy.  Just answered ALOT of embarrassing questions about my relationship with food.

I went to the support group meeting again last night and it was helpful.  It's nice to see some people who have gone through surgery and had success.  I'm REALLY nervous now.

No comments:

Post a Comment