Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Update on last test

Had the ABG test done on Monday - a warning on it would have been nice.  I assumed it was a normal blood draw but apparently arteries are finnicky things and the respiratory therapists have to dig around for them.  I just about passed out.  I started sweating really heavily and panting.  They didn't have anywhere for me to lay down - it was AWFUL!!  Then my fingers and face started to tingle and I couldn't move either of them.  They almost took me to the ER but a doctor came in, calmed me down and then I gradually started feeling better.  I thought for a second I was having a stroke - terrible...horrible feeling. I'm so glad that's done with.   I better buck up though because surgery isn't any cake walk either.

I am so excited for my appointment with the surgeon on Tuesday!  It's almost here!  I wish DH could come with me but he'll be in training at work and can't switch his schedule around.

No comments:

Post a Comment