Wednesday, June 22, 2011

WLS Support Group Meeting Review - June 2011

I went alone to the meeting last night.  My DH was working and I didn't feel like dragging anyone else along.  My usual routine is to go in, sign in, get a parking pass and then take a seat somewhere that I can observe not only the meeting leaders but the attendees.  Then while I wait for them to start, I scan the crowd guessing if they had surgery yet or not.  Some people are so thin - you'd NEVER guess they had surgery.  Others you can tell by the hanging skin or the awkward shape of their lower body compared to the upper body. 

I was sitting there thinking, "These meetings would be so much better if they had folks speak who had surgery", when low and behold - they announced a WLS'er wanted to talk about her journey!  Score.  The woman who spoke was my age (30) and had surgery about 2 1/2 years ago.  She looked beautiful and was very confident in her words.  I was impressed by her conviction and felt more at peace with my own desire to have surgery.

I'm really glad I went to the meeting.  My friend at work had her LAP Band surgery this morning.  She did very well.  I'm going to give her a call tomorrow to see how she is doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment