Monday, August 29, 2011

2 weeks!!!!!!!!!

2 weeks from today is my surgery....Eeeeeeek.  Okay, now that I have gotten that out of the way, I cannot believe that my life is going to be changed forever in a short amount of time.  I find myself nesting in a way.  Preparation makes me feel comforted.  Today I decided to do the past year's worth of filing in our home office.  ::hangs head in shame::  I also just completed my list of pre-op purchases that will help me get through the first few weeks.  Some sample items from my list:  Sugar free liquids, low fat broth soups, yogurt, baby food, etc.

The current debate in my head is whether slippers or flip flops would be better hospital footwear.  I love flip flops but will my feet be too chilly?  Perhaps a combination of the two?


This is some heavy stuff - I know.

In all honesty, the only thing I'm truly terrified of is something going terribly wrong in the OR and I don't come out alive.  But that's an honest fear of anyone having surgery.  I've been contemplating the idea of writing a letter to my DD and even DH - but am not sure if that's just too morbid.  And I don't want to discuss it too much here because it makes me sad. The pain factor is a little scary as well but I'm not too worried about anything else.  I'm just going to take things day by day and do what I need to do in order to get healthy and take my damn life back.

So the countdown continues.  Pre-admission testing on Friday morning, ENT later in the afternoon for my lovely broken nose and then liquid diet starting September 7th...dah dah daaaah. (That's dramatic music in case you didn't catch that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment