Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pre-Op Visit

I was really excited for my pre-op visit and class and Shawn took the day off to go with me.  My pre-op visit was a laughable 30 minutes of all that could possibly go wrong during surgery and me signing papers saying I was going to do it anyway.  Then we came back in the afternoon for the pre-op class which was essentially going over the handbook that we were given at our initial visit.  Since I've read the thing cover to cover on numerous occasions it was old news for me.  I was hoping for some new information or something - I scored a 100% on the test though.  So that was a plus.

And that was it.  I don't know if I wasn't expecting fanfare or something but it was oddly anti-climactic.

On another note, my friend who had surgery is doing well.  She's lost 19lbs in her first week.  I don't expect to lose that much but I'm very happy for her!

So the countdown is on!  Less than 3 weeks to go......eeeek!

No comments:

Post a Comment