Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Counting down.

In less than a week, just five short days I will be having my surgery.  Looking back, this day seemed so far away.  Now it's rapid approach is causing my stomach to flip and flop all over the place.  As the minutes pass and I face five days of pre-op liquid diet in just 10 minutes, my breathes are getting heavier and quicker.  The thought of all that I will be missing is overwhelming.

BUT I have to keep myself in check and remind myself that these losses are just food items.  I still have the important people in my life, I still have a great job and a roof over my head.  Junk food is no longer going to take priority in my life.

My primary doc was kind enough to provide me with a few pills to help keep panic attacks at bay.  I'm just hoping I can control my emotions over the next few days.  My husband is a saint for going through this with me!

So here goes nothing....only 8 minutes until I'm officially on liquids.  Better get a handful of candy in quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment