So I've been fairly introspective the last few days but I know I should be updating you guys! The liquid diet has been REALLY hard for me to deal with. I never really appreciated the ability to have what I want - when I want it. I went to a craft fair yesterday and the smell of hot dogs and pizza was nearly crippling for me! The soft pretzels were trying to follow me but I foiled them. Thankfully I was surrounded by folks holding me accountable so that wasn't an option. Last night I went to sleep dreaming about a turkey and cheese hoagie.
Today I've been feeling pretty blah. I cried a lot this morning. And I cried when my DH took DD to my in-laws for a few days. When I have obstacles to face I tend to withdraw. I did this with DD's labor and delivery. I think it's what makes me strong. I use that energy and direct it to where I need it. I honestly don't know how I'll be feeling this time tomorrow night but I know that whatever happens will make me a stronger and better person.
The hunger and pain will only last a short time compared to the life I'm giving myself by having this surgery. So here I go, no looking back - onward and upward!

No comments:
Post a Comment