Completed my final hurdle for insurance approval on Friday! It was a piece of cake thankfully!
I was more nervous about the IV than anything. The nurses and anesthesiologist were very nice and kept me talking so I wouldn't freak out. The IV didn't hurt too bad at all. They walked me back to the OR and I laid down on my side. Pillows propped me up. They strapped this thing in my mouth to protect my teeth from the camera. It went really fast but it helped that all the nurses and doctors were smiling and talking to me. The anesthesia burned going in but I was literally out in seconds. Woke up feeling great, like I had slept for hours! DH got to meet Dr. B which was good. Dr. B said I have a small hiatel hernia but that is pretty common and may even be caused by my weight. So he gave me the all clear for surgery. He told me to call his office in 10 days to see if I was approved and to schedule a date. ::CROSSES FINGERS::
On another note, Thursday evening I finally went to the podiatrist. He thought I might have a stress fracture and he wants me to come back. I got my X-rays after my EGD (they told me to go home after but it was the same building - thought I'd just get it out of the way). Just talked to the podiatrist's receptionist - she said I didn't have a stress fracture -sigh. Hopefully the doc will give me a solution.
I felt fine after EGD, not even a scratchy throat. Then yesterday I developed this horrible cough and sore throat. I feel just awful. Wonder if I picked it up at the hospital or from one of my nephews on Saturday. BLAH.
No comments:
Post a Comment