Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Patience is a virtue.....or so I'm told.

I called Dr. B's office yesterday to get an idea of what kind of timeframe I'm looking at.  They said they will submit to insurance after the endoscopy, which I knew, and then it could take up to two weeks to get approved, which I also knew.  I guess I was hoping to hear something magical, like surprise we already got you approved...lol.  She also said Dr. B's surgeries are currently scheduling for 2 months out. ACK!  So, hypothetically if all is submitted the Monday following my endoscopy which would be May 23rd, and insurance approves in two weeks, which would be June 6th, then my surgery would be in early August.  And that's if everything is done in a timely manner...sigh.

I know I shouldn't be rushing anything, especially something like major surgery, but I was really hoping to lose some weight this summer.  I think my goal will be to lose weight anyway prior to surgery.  It will just make surgery go more smoothly and my weight loss better afterwards.  I have no clue where to start, especially because I have precious little free time as it is.  And no desire to purchase exercise clothing that fits me at this size.  Maybe I'll have S hook up the Wii in the new family room.  And I might as well start following my post-surgery diet plan right?? LOL.  Wishful thinking but it's worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment