Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

My Mother's Day had it's moments.  DH had to work and so it was me and DD for most of the day.  We went shopping at Target in the morning and then after nap we had a picnic lunch in the backyard. That was probably my favorite part of the day.  Pending the weather, I'd like to make it a regular weekly occurrence for her and I.  We spent an hour eating and playing on a blanket in the yard!  Her adorableness is so overwhelming sometimes and I wonder how someone so adorable came from me?

We had a Mother's Day BBQ at the in-laws.  It was nice but sometimes family gatherings can be too overwhelming!  When I come home I feel like I was at a rock concert with my ears ringing.

These family gatherings always make me feel very large and awkward.  Everyone is so thin and well-dressed and I'm just huge and in the way most of the time.  I can't wait until I start losing some weight and I can feel comfortable in my own skin again.

No comments:

Post a Comment