It's that time of year again. Summer is approaching. The weather is warming up and clothing is coming off. You may not be aware but most fat people HATE the summertime. Not only do I have less clothes to cover up and hide but I sweat horribly. I'm not trying to be disgusting but I literally have to shower and change at least twice a day in the summer because I sweat so bad. And GOD do I hate sweating!
I hate wearing shorts in public as well. I used to be okay with capris but even those have betrayed me now that my stomach is out of proportion with my legs thanks to childbirth. So I suffer in silence wearing pants as an obese martyr of sorts. Taking one for the team per say. If I don't want to look at my pasty white cellulite laden legs than who would?
This summer is worse than before because I am now at the heaviest I have ever really been. I do not want to go crazy buying clothes because with any luck I will be having surgery and will lose weight. However, I do not know when my surgery will be yet and I am already suffering in my fall maternity tops that I've been wearing well past the acceptable date of wearing them post-childbirth. I purchased two tank tops and two short sleeved cardigans and will pick up a couple more things when my LB Real Women dollars are valid in a week or two. Hopefully, I will know if I'm having surgery by then.
I'm sad that I'll have to suffer through one more summer of fatness but I keep reminding myself that next summer I will hopefully be rocking a swimsuit without...GASP...a coverup!! But for now I will have to deal with my current state of "Beached whale" for all to gag at.


Don't think of it as one last summer to suffer through, think of it as a few months to get ready for your surgery. Go out in the early morning before it gets hot (take your daughter!) and start walking as much as you can. The more you can walk and keep in shape the better your chances of a great surgery and a speedier recovery! This winter you'll freeze all the time after the surgery (normal) and next summer, you'll decide that it isn't so bad after all! LOl
ReplyDelete