Went to the WLS support group meeting at the hospital tonight. My mom came along for moral support. Sat in with a bunch of VSG'ers and you could just feel how happy they were. It made me want to feel that way. They talked about waking up without knee pain and having more energy. I'm just itching to have that too. My mom is still skeptical. I know she's trying hard to not be negative but she just doesn't think I'll be able to change my eating habits after the surgery.
Changing habits must be possible though or the surgery wouldn't work and the folks talking to us tonight would still be huge. They ate like I do. But they weren't. So it's possible that I can change. It's hard to stay focused when people around you are trying to pull you off course or divert you. It's very hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment