I'm having trouble deciding if I'm having second thoughts because I'm scared or because they are legitimate things I should be concerned about. My biggest concern is my eating habits. If I have weight loss surgery, I have to maintain the diet and exercise program for life or I can still gain weight back. I have never been able to stick to a diet. Can I eat only healthy, nutritious options and get rid of carbs that I love? And why do I love food so much - I'm in therapy for that one.
I can eat an entire small pizza in a sitting and I will only be able to eat 1 cup worth of food per sitting after the surgery. That is like a mind game - my stomach will say I'm full but my head will be like - you only ate a tiny piece of chicken, you can't be full!
I don't know who to talk to about this. Maybe I should just call the nurse at the hospital and see what they say. Maybe I should give regular dieting and exercise another shot before I give up? Sigh. It sucks being confused like this.
Danielle, A bunch of my co workers have had weight loss surgery. I'm sure they will be willing to talk to you. Just let me know if you are interested and I will ask them... most are on facebook!
ReplyDelete